Renovation of the multi-family building in Sigulda, Kaijas 6. House was put into operation in 1978, there are 42 apartments with total useful area 3668.10 m2.
Energy Audit and Technical Survey proved that the overall technical condition of the building is unsatisfactory, as well as the building exterior wall, attic floor and basement ceiling thermal resistance does not meet the Latvian Building Code requirements.
To avoid the above mentioned problems and improve energy efficiency of the building, the following measures are being implemented within the project:
1.Repairing and insulation of major walls and foundations.
2. Insulation of the roof.
3. Repairing of the roof.
4. Insulation of basement ceiling.
5. Replacement of old wooden-frame windows in sharing spaces.
6. Replacement of main entrance and backyard doors.
7. Replacement of old wooden-frame windows in apartments.
8. Renovation of loggias.
9. Repairing of staircases.
10. Renovating of main entrance.
11. Renovation of heating system and restoration of pipe insulation in the basement;
12. Renovation of hot water system.
13. Renovation of ventilation system.
In result of energy efficiency measures energy consumption in the building is decreased for 55%.
In order to implement the project the Energy Performance Contract among RENESCO Ltd, housing manager and owners of apartments was concluded, providing energy efficiency measures in the building to be implemented, standards of comfort to be respected, as well as commitment of apartment owners and the managing body towards the ESCO company.
Total eligible costs of the project are EUR 348 899, from which part is financed by European Regional Development Fund.