Renovation of the multi-family building in Cesis, L.Paegles 19a. House was put into operation in 1986, there are 74 apartments with total useful area 4408.60 m2.
Energy Audit and Technical Survey proved that the overall technical condition of the building is unsatisfactory, as well as the building exterior wall, attic floor and basement ceiling thermal resistance does not meet the Latvian Building Code requirements.
To avoid the above mentioned problems and improve energy efficiency of the building, the following measures are being implemented within the project:
1. Repairing and insulation of major walls and foundations.
2. Insulation of attic floor.
3. Insulation of basement ceiling.
4. Repairment of the roof.
5. Replacement of old wooden-frame windows in sharing spaces.
6. Replacement of main entrance and backyard doors.
7. Replacement of old wooden-frame windows in apartments.
8. Repairing of loggias.
9. Renovating of main entrance.
10. Repairing of staircases.
11. Renovation of heating system and restoration of pipe insulation in the basement;
12. Reconstruction of hot water system.
13. Reconstruction of ventilation system.
In result of energy efficiency measures energy consumption in the building is decreased for 50%.
In order to implement the project the Energy Performance Contract among RENESCO Ltd, housing manager and owners of apartments was concluded, providing energy efficiency measures in the building to be implemented, standards of comfort to be respected, as well as commitment of apartment owners and the managing body towards the ESCO company.
Total eligible costs of the project are EUR 487 462, from which part is financed by European Regional Development Fund.